Organizations periodically seek to establish a new line of business or improve performance of an existing one. You should understand the marketplace as well as the internal environment, and how both may impact the ultimate success of the organization’s service line. Using the “Service Line Development Case Study,” you will assess the viability of developing one of the following new service lines:
You will assume the role of a CEO in a healthcare facility. The CEO is tasked with developing a new service line. You will present the findings to the board of directors for buy-in and approval.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Determine the feasibility of one of the proposed service lines in the attached “Service Line Development Case Study” by doing the following:
1. Evaluate the demand for the new service line in the market area defined in the case study.
2. Analyze how current international healthcare trends could be incorporated into the development of the new service line.
3. Discuss the existing programs and service lines in the healthcare organization that could serve as complementary components of the new service line.
4. Analyze the financial and operating data to determine the financial feasibility of instituting the new service line.
5. Discuss how to target and market to physicians to secure referral services.
B. Create a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) in which you recommend the next steps to develop and implement the selected service line.
C. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.