● Find and review the financial statements of any nonprofit symphony
● 500–600 words plus charts
● In a report of 500–600 words, comment specifically on the following:
○ What is the major source of the change in net assets that occurred in 2007 from the change that occurred in 2008? In your opinion, is this trend likely to continue? Why/why not?
○ If we assume that program expenses of the symphony should generally vary with ticket revenues, do they vary between 2007 and 2008? What could your answer indicate may be happening?
○ Is investment income a significant part of total sources of revenue in 2007 or 2008? Does this indicate a major concern about the reduction in the fair market value of investments between 2007 and 2009?
○ Based on your analysis above and any other analyses, comment on the future economic viability of this organization.