Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as an educator. You are to prepare a guide that will serve as a handout to assist a specific patient that you identify. Your guide or handout should help this patient find and evaluate a reliable mobile health, or mHealth application (app) that is already developed. This may be related to the patient’s disease process or diagnosis, or may be an app that can help a patient maintain or improve good health, and prevent illness.
You will develop the guide using Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint is a versatile application that lets you design slideshows and handouts. For this assignment, you will be using PowerPoint to create a guide or handout that you may print and give to patients and families. You will be submitting this PowerPoint file for grading.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
This assignment is worth a total of 175 points.
The Patient Education Technology Guide to a Mobile Health Application PowerPoint assignment is due in Week 2. Submit your completed assignment. You may consult the Policies section in the Introduction & Resources module for details regarding late assignments. Late assignments will result in loss of points. Post questions about this assignment in the Course Q & A Forum.
- You are required to complete this assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- You are required to cite your source(s) as it relates to your application slide. Other citations are permitted, but this is not a requirement for the assignment.
- Title slide (first slide): Include a title slide with your name and the title of the presentation.
- Scenario Slide (one slide): This slide should include a brief scenario, then identify a patient who is experiencing a specific disease process or diagnosis who would benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app. Or it could identify a person who is currently healthy and would like to maintain or improve health and prevent illness. Be sure to include the nurse’s assessment of the patient’s learning needs and readiness to learn. Be specific.
Scenario for Ms. Ellis
Jane Doe (your name here)
- Jennifer Ellis, a 62-year-old African American woman, has been recently diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD). She has been prescribed several medications she must take every day.
- The nephrologist has stressed the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle to slow or stop the progression of CKD.
- She is interested in ways in which she can better track her health and make healthier choices.
- She is a high school graduate and iPhone user, mostly to send text messages to family and friends.
- She is eager to learn how to use an app that can help her manage her CKD.
Prepare the following slides as if you are presenting them to the patient.
- mHealth application slide (one to three slides): Identify a developed and reliable mHealth app that could benefit the patient. Describe the app, including the following.
- Intended audience
- Mobile device(s) upon which it will operate
- Where to download or obtain it (include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website)
- Any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation
- Be sure to cite all sources you use.
- Teaching slides (one to three slides): Prepare slides that contain important points about the app that you want to teach to the patient, such as how to use the app safely and effectively (including how to interpret and act on the information that is provided).
- Evaluation slide (one to three slides): Describe how you would determine the success of the patient’s use of this app. For example, include ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching plan that are a good fit for the type of app or focus on specific ways that this app benefits the patient’s health and wellness.
- References (last slide): List any references for sources that were used or cited in the presentation.