Preparation of Presentation to Elected Official
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare for the professional presentation to an elected official of the selected healthcare concern and the proposed solution. This includes the identification of communication strategies as well as development of presentation content.
Description of the Assignment
For this assignment, the focus is preparation for the presentation to the selected elected official regarding the healthcare concern and the proposed resolution. A video presentation of the healthcare concern and its proposed resolution will be prepared and presented. Following completion of this, a written self-evaluation is required.
Criteria for Content
1. Video Presentation:
Content: The video presentation is to include the following elements:
â€¢ Introduction of self
â€¢ Presentation of healthcare policy concern
â€¢ Presentation of student identified solution to the healthcare policy concern
Evaluation of video presentation includes the following elements:
o Introduction of self
o Presentation of healthcare policy concern
o Presentation of student identified solution to the healthcare policy concern
o Information is relevant to healthcare concern and its solution
â€¢ Method of Delivery:
o Effective opening
o Stayed connected to audience
o Grammar was correct
â€¢ Style of Delivery:
o Eye contact
o Voice clarity
2. Paper Content:
â€¢ Overview of the healthcare policy concern and solution: This section provides a concise but comprehensive overview of the healthcare policy as well as the solution. Required content includes:
â€¢ Identification of the healthcare policy
â€¢ Identification of the student identified solution
â€¢ Relevance to the community or population group
â€¢ Identification of communication techniques: This section requires the delineation of communication techniques useful to the upcoming presentation to the selected elected official. Required content includes:
â€¢ Identification of the selected elected official and position
â€¢ Rationale for the selection
â€¢ Identification of 4 (four) beneficial communication/presentation techniques
â€¢ Providing scholarly resources that support the use of the identified communication techniques
â€¢ Self-evaluation of video presentation: This section provides an opportunity for self-evaluation of the video recording. The student must self-evaluate oneself in each major content area by identifying one positive and one area to improve (i.e. content, method of delivery, and style of delivery):
? Introduction of self
? Presentation of healthcare policy concern
? Presentation of student identified solution to the healthcare policy concern
? Information is relevant to healthcare concern and its solution
o Method of Delivery:
? Effective opening
? Stayed connected to audience
? Grammar was correct
o Style of Delivery:
? Eye contact
? Voice clarity
â€¢ Conclusion: This section requires a summary of the key points from the video and paper assignment.
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions:
1. The video presentation will be recorded via the use of Voice Thread located within the course on the initial page in the left column.
2. The video presentation will last a minimum of 3 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes.
3. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least 2, but no more than 4 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
4. Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
5. A minimum of 4 (four) appropriate research-based scholarly references must be used.
6. Required textbook for this course, dictionary and Chamberlain College of Nursing lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. For additional assistance regarding scholarly nursing references, please see â€œWhat is a scholarly sourceâ€ located in the Course Resources tab. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided. References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them prior to submission of the assignment.
7. Ideas and information from scholarly, peer reviewed, nursing sources must be cited and referenced correctly.
8. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.