The topic I have chosen to discuss for my week 8 presentation is “Nursing during a pandemic across the country and impacts to patient outcomes via Telehealth.”
You must use the Presentation Template. Failure to use the template will result in a 40-point deduction on your grade.
Choose from one of the following topics (you may choose a different topic, but it must be pre-approved by your faculty. Failure to do so will result in a zero score on the assignment.):
Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
The effect of social media on nursing image. How can nurses educate the public and help portray the true image of nursing? How are nurses personally accountable in their use of social media?
The prevalence and impact of substance abuse among nurses (impaired nursing)
Impact of collective bargaining on the nursing profession
Impact of workplace harassment and violence on the nursing profession
You may select from ONE of the following technological advances and discuss its impact on patient outcomes:
- Health-related/electronic wearables
You must use the PowerPoint presentation template provided at the top of this assignment.
- You are to create bullet points for each slide, not including the title and reference slides. Every slide must have a speaker note with a minimum of 4-5 sentences addressing the bulleted items on the slide. Every slide must have images and be professionally organized.
- Include a minimum of 4-5 peer-reviewed research articles as references in the presentation. All research articles need to have been published within 5 years from today’s date. No blog, chat, other university or Wikipedia information allowed in presentation. The PowerPoint presentation must follow current APA 7 style.
- Your presentation should only include the following slides:
- Title slide
- Why the topic was chosen
- How your topic impacts nursing practice
Current relevance of the topic
- Clinical Practice Integration
- Plan for lobbying: Describe your plan on what and how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen issue/trend.