- Select five (5) possible codes that could be related to the “super bug” and discuss how they relate to the symptoms you have seen patients exhibiting.
- Assess three (3) reasons why the federal government changed from the ICD9 coding system to the more detailed ICD10 system used today.
- Choose two (2) examples of a Patient Centric Healthcare Practice and propose three (3) ways patient centric technology could be used to increase patient access to quality healthcare.
- Suggest three (3) ways that HIMS can improve the patient experience within a healthcare organization or healthcare provider.
- Predict three (3) ways you would use Patient Centric Healthcare practice principles to improve quality care measures within your organization
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include coverpage containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The coverpage and the referencepage are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the main features and capabilities of patient care applications, management and enterprise systems, e-Health applications, and strategic decision-support applications within the health care setting.
- Analyze the process of developing a strategic information system plan and determine its basic components.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the systems development life cycle as it pertains to both the development of a custom application and the selection of proprietary systems.
- Assess the need for and determine the methods of accomplishing the security of information systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics