- The two main steps to the prerequisites phase of performance management are:
A.Understanding the organization’s mission and conducting job analysis
B.Developing the organization’s mission and conducting job analysis
C.Conducting job analysis and writing a development plan
D.Understanding the organization’s mission and writing a development plan
- Performance execution is linked to ________ and _________.
A.Prerequisites; performance planning
B.Performance planning; performance review
C.Performance planning; performance assessment
D.Performance assessment; performance review
- Self-ratings of performance are important because they do all of the following EXCEPT:
A.Emphasize discrepancies between employee’s and supervisor’s views of performance
B.Reduce employee defensiveness during an appraisal meeting
C.Decrease employee satisfaction with the performance management system
D.Increase employee ownership and commitment to the programs
- Methods of conducting a job analysis include all of these EXCEPT:
B.Observation of employees in action
D.Interviews with employees
- In the performance planning stage, the term “results” refers to what?
B.Ratings that result from performance
C.Customer complaints resulting from performance
D.Outcomes an employee must produce
- The main goal of the strategic planning process is:
A.To write the mission statement to provide direction to the organization.
B.To allocate resources to provide the organization with a competitive advantage.
To form the foundation for the performance management process.
None of the above.
- Which of the following choices must be made when designing a performance management system?
A.Behavioral criteria vs. results criteria
B.Low employee participation vs. high employee participation
C.Short-term criteria vs. long-term criteria
D.All of the above
- The process of describing the organization’s destination, assessing barriers that stand in the way of that destination, and selecting approaches for moving forward is called ___________.
- In order to ensure that strategy cascades down the organization and leads to concrete actions, which of the following must be done?
A.A conscious effort must be made to link the strategic plan with individual performance.
B.Company executives must mandate that employees follow the plan.
C.Employees must be involved in making the plan
D.Supervisors must be able to evaluate how well and employee is following the plan.
- Descriptions of game plans, or “how to” procedures to reach the stated objectives, are called __________.