Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Motivation is much more complicated than simply meting out rewards or punishments. For employees to do their best, they need to feel they are a part of something greater than themselves. The Pink text explores what the author has termed Motivation 2.0, which focuses on the extrinsic or intrinsic nature of rewards. Consider motivational experiences you’ve had in the past. Do you think they may have been increased or reduced by Motivation 2.0? As you review the resources this week, as you prepare your Discussion posting, contemplate the following:
- What is the least motivational experience you’ve been in? What is the most?
- What techniques work best to motivate you? What type of individuals might not respond to these techniques? What have you seen work for others that might not work for you?
- What are the sources of job satisfaction for you?
Note: You do not need to directly answer these points in your Discussion post as they serve only to begin your thinking process; however, you must explain your reasoning as you formulate your formal response.
Answer the following questions!
- On page 154 of “Drive,” the author suggests that you ask a ‘big question’ about what motivates you in your life. What are things that truly motivate you? How would you phrase your sentence?
- Using the “Personal Motivation Template and Instructions” document (located in Day 2 of this week), create a personal Motivation Poster that highlights the relationship between job satisfaction and motivation and share it with the class.
- As a manager, how can you discover what creates job satisfaction and motivation in your employees?
Be sure to support your work with specific citations In APA Format
Colquitt, J. A., Lepine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2015). Organizational behavior: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (4th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Chapter 6, “Motivation”
Pink, D. H. (2009). Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us. New York, NY: Riverhead Books.
Chapter 1, “The rise and fall of Motivation 2.0”