Choose a topic from the topic list on the attached instructions.
Write a PICO question that relates to your topic.
Find a quantitative nursing research article. Make sure that it is actually nursing research. You may not use any of the following:
- A retrospective study
- A mixed methods study
- A qualitative research article
- A systematic review
- A quality improvement article
- An evidence based practice article
You may not use the article that is being used for the RACs in this course session.
If you are repeating the class, you may not use the article or topic that you used for your last attempt at this class.
You may receive help from librarians in finding an article, but you are ultimately responsible for whether it meets requirements or not.
Upload the worksheet and your article. The article must be in pdf format.
Health and wellbeing of nurses
Hospital readmission rates
Prevention of post operative complications
Prevention of pressure ulcers
The article needs to be within a 5 years old, quantitative research article only!
Write your topic and final PICO(T) question below:
My PICO(T) question________________
1. Published within the last five years? Yes___ No___
2. Has a nurse author OR published in a nursing journal? Yes___ No___
3. Is a single report of a quantitative research study? Yes___ No___
4. Is a prospective study? Yes___ No___
5. Give an APA style reference of the article here:
In order to be acceptable, you must be able to say yes to the four questions above. Remember, your article cannot be a retrospective study, a mixed methods study, a qualitative study, a systematic review, a quality improvement article, or an evidence based practice article.
Upload this form on Canvas and be sure to upload your quantitative nursing research article in pdf form as well.