For this Assignment, you propose a change at the department or unit level and develop a plan for guiding the change effort.
• Review Chapter 8 in the course text. Focus on Kurt Lewin’s change theory, and contrast it with other classic change models and strategies.
• Reflect on problems, inefficiencies, and critical issues within a specific department, unit, or area in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Select one issue as a focal point for this assignment, and consider a change that could be made to address the issue.
• Think about how the change would align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values as well as relevant professional standards.
• Using one of the change models or strategies discussed in Chapter 8, begin formulating a plan for implementing the change within the department/unit. Outline the steps that you and/or others should follow to facilitate the change effort. Align these steps to the change model or strategy you selected.
• Determine who should be involved in initiating and managing the change. Consider the skills and characteristics that are necessary to facilitate this change effort.