You are the Charge Nurse in a large Urban Emergency Department (ED). You nursing staff include:
- RN with 12 years of Trauma ED experience
- New RN with 6 months ED experience
- RN from the Medical Surgical floor with 8 years of experience
The following patients are in the ED, which patient will you give to each of the nurses and why?
- A 76-year-old client who was involved in a motor vehicle accident and has hematuria.
- A 38-year-old client with kidney stones complaining of severe pain.
- A 24-year-old diabetic client with an acute urinary tract infection who will require discharge teaching.
- An 80-year-old client that has not had a bowel movement for 4 days.