Post Your Introduction [WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1,2, 3]
Introduce yourself to the class and provide a summary to your classmates of your internship placement. Provide the type of facility or department you are assigned to complete your professional practice experience and what interests you in this opportunity. In addition, answer the following questions:
- Differentiate between the AHIMA Code of Ethical Standards you believe will impact you during your internship.
- Explain what skills, knowledge, and abilities you believe are needed for the entry level HIM professional.
- Describe elements needed to be successful during internship to support personal, professional, and organizational success.
- When is your projected plan to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator Exam (RHIA)?
- How do you plan to be successful in this course and in preparation for the RHIA?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words. In addition to the course material, utilize a minimum of one scholarly source to support your opinion and discussion (see the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible ResourcesLinks to an external site. table for assistance). Include in-text citations and reference your sources in APA format as outlined in the Writing Center’s Introduction to APALinks to an external site.. (see APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. for assistance).
Guided Response: Respond to at least three of your peers. By Day 7, provide feedback on your peers’ internship and RHIA preparation plans and at least one suggestion to further assist your colleagues in tackling their career plans and success during their internship and RHIA certification. Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.