In addition to your textbook, review the following optional articles and videos that detail creating a PowerPoint presentation for this assignment:
• “Create your first PowerPoint 2013 presentation” by Microsoft, located at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/create-your-first-powerpoint-2013-presentation-RZ102925085.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102809627
• “Top Ten Slide Tips” by Garr Reynolds, located at http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/
• “Top 10 Best Practices When Using PowerPoint for Presentations” (22 min 57 s). Video Source: DNN Corp. (2012, April 9). Top 10 Best Practices When Using PowerPoint for Presentations [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtygW25vj_I
Create a nine to twelve (9-12) slide presentation in which you:
1. Develop a PowerPoint presentation in which you focus on overall best practices in organizational leadership.
2. Choose two (2) different business leaders that you learned about from the previous two assignments, and describe two to three (2-3) fundamental aspects of each of their most important business philosophies. Provide one to two (1-2) examples of the application of such philosophies to support your response.
3. Identify three to four (3-4) characteristics, three to four (3-4) traits, and three to four (3-4) behaviors that have made each of them successful leaders.
4. Provide both a title slide (see the formatting requirements below) and an introductory slide to your presentation.
5. Provide a summary slide that addresses key points of your presentation.
6. Develop narration for each of the slides. Use the speaker’s notes section of the slides to indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
7. Select three to four (3-4) relevant images, photographs, or graphs to focus your audience’s attention during your presentation.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
• Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
• Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.