Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Procedural Law and the Bill of Rights
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
The Bill of Rights finds its roots in documents such as the British Magna Carta of 1215 AD. It was one of the first documents that provided the common man independence from a monarch. It did imply that the federal government’s law dominated all others; however, it gave each state control of any laws outside of those reserved to the federal government. The Bill of Rights acts as a blueprint that every individual state uses to protect the rights of individual citizens. In this assignment, you will utilize the various concepts found in the Bill of Rights to provide the foundation of the various sections of the question.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast two (2) of the sources of rights and fundamental principles found in the United States’ legal system as outlined by the text.
- Critically analyze and discuss two (2) steps of the criminal justice process from arrest to imprisonment.
- Identify and discuss the particular amendment related to arrest, search and seizures.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of probable cause and reasonable suspicion. In your own words, explain how they are similar or different.
- Examine and discuss the two (2) examples in which the exclusionary rule may not apply.
- Identify and discuss one (1) contemporary issue or case law related to the use of force.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Research and analyze procedures governing the process of arrest through trial.
- Critically debate the Constitutional safeguards of key Amendments with specific attention to the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments.
- Describe the difference between searchers, warrantless searches, and stops.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the criminal procedure.
- Write clearly and concisely about the criminal procedure using proper writing mechanics.