Project Overview In this project, you will reflect on your worldview and how it affects your understanding of the world around you. Then, you will research the culture of another country and share str
Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In this project, you will reflect on your worldview and how it affects your understanding of the world around you. Then, you will research the culture of another country and share strategies for collaborating between and among cultures.
This work will help you practice cultural competency and awareness. These are important skills in the modern diverse workplace.
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- Describe perspectives of more than one worldview in real-world interactions
You work for Agua Sin Fronteras (ASF, or “Water Without Borders”), an international nonprofit. ASF works to provide access to clean drinking water, improve sanitation, and deliver health education programs. Globally, children living in urban poverty have little control over their water sources. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) awarded funding to ASF to work on solving this problem. ASF plans to use this money to expand its efforts into new countries.
Your supervisor, Sue Edge, asked you to be on a committee that recommends countries for ASF’s programs. These programs include the following:
- Building wells
- Installing water purification systems
- Creating educational materials about water health
Committee Orientation ActivityThe committee leader, Ty Dalwave, wants the team to be aware of their biases when doing research. To build that awareness, he has asked everyone to reflect on their worldview by doing the following:
Describe your worldview, including how it changes and forms.
- How do you view the world?
- How do you understand how the world works? How do you understand your purpose in the world?
- What assumptions, beliefs, and values affect how you explain the world, understand your circumstances, and live your life?
- How did your worldview develop? How has it changed over time?
Explain how your worldview affects the way you interact and perceive others at work.
- How could your worldview affect your interactions with and perceptions of your coworkers?
- Describe your worldview, including how it changes and forms.
Committee BriefNow that you’ve reflected on your worldview and its effect on how you navigate the world, you are ready to start researching. As a committee member, you will investigate the social, political, and cultural situations of another country and report what you learn to the group.
- Choose a country to research.Choose a country that you are not familiar with and would like to learn more about.Note: For this project, you should assume that ASF’s worldview is the same as your own. For this reason, you must investigate a country that’s different from your own.
- Research your chosen country.Use the Country Analysis Questions document to help you research your chosen country’s social, political, and cultural situations.If you would like to, you can do some of your own research beyond the country profiles information provided in the Supporting Materials section. Remember to use authoritative sources and cite them in your work.
Explore how ASF could conduct operations in your selected country.The committee wants you to present your findings in a committee brief. Remember to assume that ASF’s worldview is the same as your own and base your responses on that. In your committee brief, include the following information:
- The name of your selected country
- A summary of the country’s geography, government, health, education, culture, economy, and history
A discussion of how you think various groups in your selected country would perceive ASF’s work:
- What potential sources of conflict do you expect? Brainstorm and describe at least three.
- How do people in your own country interact in groups and at work? How does this compare to your selected country?
Propose at least three actionable solutions to address potential conflict and foster collaboration. Consider the following question:
- If ASF started working in the country that you chose, what recommendations would you make to support collaboration and avoid conflict between differing worldviews?
What to Submit
Every project has a deliverable or deliverables, which are the files that must be submitted before your project can be assessed. For this project, you must submit the following:
- Committee Orientation ActivityReflect on your worldview and describe how it affects your interactions and feelings of others. This should be 250–500 words (about 1–2 pages).
- Committee BriefResearch and write a summary of the social, political, and economic situations of the country you chose. Then, discuss how ASF would be perceived in that country. Identify potential conflicts, and propose ways to reduce conflict and increase collaboration. Your committee brief should be 750–1,200 words (about 3–5 pages). Note: Do not submit the Country Analysis Questions document.
We offer the best essay writing services to students who value great quality at a fair price. Let us exceed your expectations if you need help with this or a different assignment. Get your paper completed by a writing expert today. Nice to meet you! Want 15% OFF your first order? Use Promo Code: FIRST15. Place your order in a few easy steps. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper