Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Discussion: Ally Development
If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But, if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.
—Lila Watson, Aboriginal activist
The above quote captures one aspect of ally development. The Edwards article provides important information about becoming an ally and developing advocacy skills, focusing on effective identity development, consistency, and sustainability. As a starting point, consider these questions regarding the article:
- How does the Watson quote mirror those ideas?
- How can you identify, remain consistent, and practice sustainability in your ally development?
In this Discussion, review the article and explore the topic of social justice ally development.
Post (Provide detailed response use sub-heading and 2 APA peer reviewed references)
- Identify a population with which you could become an ally.
- Identify a quote or create a motto to capture the intent of your ally-ship.
- Identify potential obstacles to ally-ship and explain how to address them.
- Include any references in your post.
Edwards, K. E. (2006). Aspiring social justice ally identity development: A conceptual model. NASPA Journal (National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, Inc.), 43(4), 39–60.