Respond to the following questions. Restate the question, then write your response.
1. In your experience, what role does Emotion play in Motivation? (1/2 to 1 page)
2. Discuss three incentives that would motivate your behavior. (1 page)
Logins info to the book
Book family relation
REL3851.E1 Family Relations
As stated in the Study Guide, the student should begin early in the course by reading pages 11-38 of THE BLESSING by Gary Smalley and John Trent. This will provide an understanding of the concept of “a blessing” and how such a technique can be employed in the context of family enrichment. Then during this preliminary reading, the student will then select an individual (more than one is acceptable, but not recommended) to be the recipient of “the blessing.”
Over the course of several weeks, the student will read further and make practical application of the elements of the Blessing, making notes along the way. The objective is to employ the various elements of “the blessing” as described by the authors in such a way as to experience new levels of awareness of the needs and feelings of others and to enhance the relationship with the selected family member(s). Ideally, this should be a healthy and positive experience for both the student and the recipient(s) of the student’s blessing.
Assignment 8 consists of a report (5 to 6 pages, double spaced) of your personal application of and experience with “the Blessing” as a project of this course. Identify the individual(s) you selected to be the recipient(s) of your blessing, and how you went about applying each element for this assignment. Discuss whether anything about the project was negative or uncomfortable, and what about it was positive and beneficial. Also relate how you plan to adapt it to your own family life in the future.
Please note: This is not a book report. It is a discussion of your own practical application of the principles of the Blessing, planned and carried out specifically for this course assignment.
Final: Pick A Scenario
Oftentimes, we talk about keeping our personal and work stress separate; however, there are times when this cannot be avoided. Pick a scenario and describe how you would handle the stress the situation could cause, using the stress reduction tools you have learned in this course. Use one of the models, from one of the textbooks, that best piqued your interest, and apply it to the scenario.
· Your spouse is having an affair with your boss. (personal and work related)
· Your child has been arrested for a felony, and your best friend is the prosecuting attorney.
· Your sibling has developed a toxic relationship with your close co-worker and the coworker has become pregnant. The two have dissolved their relationship and you are stuck in the middle. (personal and work related)
· You and your sibling happen to work in the same department. The two do not get along very well. Both of you are up for a promotion, and your sister has been given that promotion, which now makes her your boss. (personal and work related)
Remember that when picking one of the scenarios, you are focusing more on how you would handle the stress. In picking the scenario, be sure to address the challenges or barriers that could come when trying to reduce stress.
This paper should be at least eight pages in length (this does not include the title or reference page) and should include at least one of the textbooks, as a reference.