Create a 4-6 page with you , as a presenter, in which you will propose an evidence-based plan to improve the outcomes for a patient and examine how remote collaboration provided benefits or challenges to designing and delivering the care.
As technologies and the care industry continue to evolve, remote care, diagnosis, and collaboration are becoming increasingly more regular methods by which nurses are expected to work. Learning the ways in which evidence-based models and care can help remote work produce better outcomes will become critical for success. Additionally, understanding how to leverage EBP principles in collaboration will be important in the success of institutions delivering quality, safe, and cost-effective care. It could also lead to better job satisfaction for those engaging in remote collaboration.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Analyze the relevance and potential effectiveness of evidence when making a decision.
- Reflect on which evidence was most relevant and useful when making decisions regarding the care plan.
- Competency 3: Apply an evidence-based practice model to address a practice issue.
- Explain the ways in which an EBP model was used to help develop the care plan.
- Competency 4: Plan care based on the best available evidence.
- Propose an evidence-based care plan to improve the safety and outcomes for a patient.
- Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead practice changes based on evidence.
- Identify benefits and strategies to mitigate the challenges of interdisciplinary collaboration to plan care within the context of a remote team.
- Communicate in a professional manner that is easily audible and uses proper grammar, including a reference list formatted in current APA style.
Remote care and diagnosis is a continuing and increasingly important method for nurses to help deliver care to patients to promote safety and enhance health outcomes. Understanding best EBPs and building competence in delivering nursing care to remote patients is a key competency for all nurses. Additionally, in some scenarios, while you may be delivering care in person you may be collaborating with a physician or other team members who are remote. Understanding the benefits and challenges of interdisciplinary collaboration is vital to developing effective communication strategies when coordinating care. So, being proficient at communicating and working with remote health care team members is also critical to delivering quality, evidence-base care.