Speech and language development is integral for future learning success. It is the educators’ responsibility to recognize milestones in learning and to differentiate developmental delays from learning English as a second language. Early intervention, especially in hearing and sight, leads to higher likelihood of success in the students’ education.
In a 1,000-1,250 word essay, address the following related to the speech and language development of children:
- Briefly discuss development of written language and spoken language.
- Describe how developmental delays or disabilities can affect children’s speech and language development.
- Describe how culture, family background, and bilingual language development can affect children’s speech and language development.
- Describe three strategies that can be used to enhance children’s speech and language development.
- Provide an example of how the three strategies described above could be modified to address the unique needs of ESL students and students with speech impairments.
Support your essay with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.