In this assignment you will conduct hypothesis testing for Chi-Squared problems for both goodness of fit and independence – you will be given two Chi-Squared problems. For the Chi squared goodness of fit problem you need to: (1) state the populations and hypotheses; (2) solve for a Chi-squared goodness of fit test and show your work; (3) compute the answer using the SPSS program and paste the output information; (4) state the answer using proper APA format; (5) answer the question. For the Chi-squared for independence problem: (1) state the populations and hypotheses; (2) create a table for the data; (3) conduct a Chi-Squared for independence test using the SPSS program and paste the output information; (4) state the results using the proper APA format; and (5) answer any question. Place all of this in a word document and be sure to include any relevant output information from SPSS. Upload the file to blackboard.
1. A health psychologist was interested in women’s workout preferences. Of the 56 participants surveyed, 22 preferred running, 8 preferred swimming, 15 preferred cross-fit, and 11 preferred an exercise class. Using this information answer the following:
· State the populations and hypotheses for a Chi-squared goodness of fit test
· Solve for Chi-Squared for goodness of fit
· Conduct chi-squared test for goodness of fit using the SPSS program and paste the output file.
· State the answer using proper APA format
· Is there evidence for a difference in preferences in workouts?
2. An advertising firm wanting to target people with strong desires for success conducted a study to see if such people differed in the types of television shows they watched. Randomly selected participants recorded the shows they watched for a week, then their desire for success was assessed, and finally they were divided into two groups. Low Success seekers watched 8 comedies, 15 romances, 6 documentaries, 13 dramas, and 3 news shows. High Success seekers watched 3 comedies, 3 romances, 9 documentaries, 7 dramas, and 8 news shows. Using this data answer the following:
· State the populations and hypotheses
· Create a table for the data
· Conduct a Chi-Squared for independence test using the SPSS program and post output file.