Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The systems analysis and design project that you choose should meet the following requirements.
1. The project should address a real life situation and be implementable (though you will stop with the design in this project). I suggest that you search the Internet for B-to-C E-commerce systems that you can use. For example, the following are good sources:
a)airline (or train, cruise, concert, or other) ticket purchase
b)shopping sites on the internet
c)Online banks and financial institutions
d)Online insurance (life, medical, homeowner, and others) purchase
e)Rentals (car, video, audio, and others)
You can also use traditional firms if you can get the requisite permission from the appropriate people. Also, they should be able to provide you with the data to complete your project.
2.For the firm you have chosen, identify the major functions that a visitor can perform on the website by navigating through the website. You may have to register at the site to get access to the more important functions the site allows you to perform.
3.Document each function. Figure out the process used in each function, the inputs used, and the outputs generated. The contents of web pages that you see will give you information on these. However, web pages alone will be inadequate. You have to use your knowledge about the industry/firm/function to identify other data used by the system.
4.Identify at least two problems or limitations related to the functionality. The limitations could be new functions that could be useful to a potential customer or improvements over existing functions. The problems not be related to aesthetics or speed of the website.
5.Model the system
6.Analyze the models and propose a new system.
7. Transform the models into detailed design
Interact with the website to understand the functionality provided by the site. Identify any problems you encounter in using the site. Note down any improvements that can be made. The problems and improvements should relate to the functionality provided by the system.
- Source documents, including screen dumps, from the website.
- A brief description of functionality provided by the website.
- A problem statement (Systems Proposal) (Include only the problems or limitations you encountered; there is no need for objectives and scope)
- A Context Diagram
- Level 1 DFD
- Documentation of all data used in the above models