Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Post a brief description of the antidepressant medication that you selected and explain its benefits and limitations. Describe why your selected drug might be effective for treating depression (including neurobiological considerations). Finally, explain how you would support the psychiatrist’s recommendation to use the medication to a hesitant client despite its limitations. Use current literature to support your response.
Readings you can use to complete the assignment
- Perry, P. J., Alexander, B., Liskow, B. I., & DeVane, C. L. (2007). Psychotropic drug handbook (8th ed.). Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Chapter 2, “Antidepressants” (pp. 173–196)
- Preston, J. D., O’Neal, J. H., & Talaga, M. C. (2017). Handbook of clinical psychopharmacology for therapists (8th ed.). Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
- Chapter 7, “Depressive Disorders” (pp. 77-93)
- Chapter 16, “Antidepressant Medications” (pp. 175-200)