Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Discussion Question: Transference and Countertransference
By Saturday, July 1, 2017, respond to the discussion question. Submit your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area. Use the same Discussion Area to comment on your classmates’ submissions and continue the discussion until Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
At an inpatient residential treatment
facility, a depressed client unrelentingly begs the attending consultant
for a weekend discharge pass. While begging for the pass, the client
states, “You remind me so much of my brother. He was always such an
easygoing, kind person. Whatever you decide is fine. I trust my brother
so much to make wise decisions. You are so much like him. So I trust you
will make the right decision.” The consultant finally agrees and allows
the patient to be discharged. The consultant is aware that the client
has attempted suicide two times in the past. The consultant does not
take the time to check with the licensed on-site clinician in charge
before signing the weekend discharge slip. Answer the following
- What issues of transference are displayed by the client? Explain in your own words.
- Did the consultant act ethically by allowing the client to be discharged? Discuss.
- Is it possible that countertransference played a part in how the consultant acted? If so, how?
- What are the other pitfalls facing consultants in the mental health profession?
- What ethical guidelines would you follow if you were a consultant in the mental health profession?