Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Race, Gender, and Ethnicity in Sports
The article critique assignment investigates professional journals and current relatable information. You should locate an article(s) pertaining to how the societal issues of gender, race, and ethnicity have impacted sports. The article(s) should be less than three years old. You are encouraged to use the research databases found in the CSU Online Library.
The journal article selected for the article critique should be long enough to provide the content necessary to complete this critique. Usually, an article such as this is approximately four pages long.
You will be expected to follow APA style and format for this critique (typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font, and page headers). Include the following elements in your article critique:
- Title page: Include the assignment title, the name of the school, and your name.
- Introduction: Provide a brief Introduction of your article and the connection to the topic.
- Article summary: Summarize the article. List the main points that the author has tried to establish (e.g., a numbered list). Typically, there will be three to five main points. If your article(s) is summarizing a court case, you should discuss the following points: What provision of the law was at issue? What were the facts of the case? What legal tests were applied? Were there any unusual elements in the case?
- Article critique: Critique the article. You are to provide your reaction (insightful, critical, and logical) to the points that the author tried to make. Be sure to state how this information has impacted the sports arena. A simple statement of agreement or disagreement is not sufficient. While you may make such a statement by way of introduction to your reaction, you must clearly and logically state the reasons for the position that you have taken.
- Conclusion: Provide a brief conclusion wrapping up the elements of the article and how it relates to the chapter topic.
- Reference page: Include a reference page that lists the source(s) in proper APA format. If you also used content from the textbook, be sure to include this as a source in your reference page. It is important that you provide the reader with enough information about your article so he or she will be able to locate it.
Your article critique should be a minimum of two pages, not counting title and reference pages. Use APA format for your paper, including all references and in-text citations.