ETHICAL ISSUE AND ACTION PLAN
After completing the assignment preparation study in Week 4, you will work with your teammate(s) to write a 6â€“8 page paper, in which you and your teammate(s) first summarize the ethical issue and then construct an ethical analysis based on the application of ethical principles and current psychological research. You will use research findings to strengthen the support of your analysis. You will then formulate an action plan to address the problem.
In summary, teams will write up a persuasive argument and plan to resolve an ethical dilemma. Analysis of the ethical dilemma, application of psychology principles, support for the course of action, and ability to work as a team using critical thinking skills are the key areas of focus for this assignment.
At the end of the week, each team member will submit the team assignment to the assignment area.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Brainstorm several alternatives for resolving the ethical dilemma in the case.
- Analyze alternatives for resolving the ethical dilemma and come to a conclusion.
- Analyze and document the possible ramifications for at least three alternatives. Then, choose a course of action.
- Apply ethical codes and standards to support the plan of action.
- You can use the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct standards to support a plan of action. You can also use other appropriate codes of ethics, such as those for school counselors or for medical professionals.
- Explain the research methods used in multiple research studies relevant to the case, and present the findings.
- Explain your course of action, using research findings from at least two studies to support your plan. You can use (but are not required to use) additional research beyond the two studies to support your plan.
- After your title page and introduction, the following section headings are recommended for your paper:
- Applied Ethical Principles and Standards.
- Alternative Solutions.
- Action Plan.
- Supporting Research.
Notes about your submission:
Once you decide on the final paper, include all team members’ names on the paper. Each person will submit this paper to their own assignment link for grading.
Note that SafeAssign will register each submission; therefore, the first submission will have the accurate SafeAssign report, and each person submitting after that will show a 100% match. This is because it is matching the first submission, and that is not a problem.
You may use the APA Paper Template [PDF] to help you format your paper.
Refer to the Ethical Issue and Action Plan Scoring Guide to ensure you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication: Written communication is free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA format: Comply with current APA Style and Format.
- Number of resources: A minimum of four academic resources.
- Length of paper: 6â€“8 typed, double-spaced pages of content, in addition to a title page and a references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.