Compose a post that integrates a complete Bible scripture verse and transcends all aspects of the following question(s) comprehensively and collectively as a single post.
Group Discussion Week 1: What am I here for?
In chapter 1 of his book, Schmidt wants us to explore, â€œHow are people transformed by Jesus Christ different?â€ while Crouch poses the question, â€œWhy are we in the world and what are we supposed to do here?â€ and Badaracco asks us to search our hearts for the underlying motivations of our actions and ambitions, asking, â€œDo I have a good dream?â€ All of these questions touch on ideas about character, calling, culture, and service.
For this weekâ€™s discussion assignment, please evaluate each of these authors’ positions. Do you agree or disagree with them? Be sure to consider and integrate Scripture and the texts into your responses.
– Kouzes & Posner, pp. ix â€“ 38, Foreword, Chapters 1 & 2
– Schmidt, pp. 11-47, Introduction & Chapter 1
– Crouch, pp. 9-36, Introduction & Chapter 1
– Badaracco, pp. 1-29, Introduction & Chapter 1
- Questions of Character: Illuminating the Heart of Leadership Through Literature (Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2006), Joseph L. Badaracco, Jr. (ISBN 1591399688)
- Culture Making: Recovering our Creative Calling (Downers Grove: Intervarsity, 2008), Andrew Crouch (ISBN 9780830833948)
- How Christianity Changed the World (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004), Alvin J. Schmidt (ISBN 9780310264491)
- Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006), James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner (editors) (9780787983376)
- The Holy Bible (any translation, but not a paraphrase (e.g., New Living Translation))