Select an adolescent or young adult client on whom to perform a health screening and history. Students who do not work in an acute setting may “practice” these skills with a patient, community member, neighbor, friend, colleague, or loved one.
Complete the “Health History and Screening of an Adolescent or Young Adult Client” worksheet:
Complete the assignment as outlined on the worksheet, including:
- Biographical data
- Past health history
- Family history: Obstetrics history (if applicable) and well young adult behavioral health history screening
- Review of systems
- All components of the health history
- Three nursing diagnoses for this client based on the health history and screening (one actual nursing diagnosis, one wellness nursing diagnosis, and one “risk for” nursing diagnosis)
- Rationale for the choice of each nursing diagnosis.
- A wellness plan for the adolescent/young adult client, using the three nursing diagnoses you have identified.
Format the write-up in a manner that is easily read, computer-generated, neat, and without spelling errors. Use correct acronyms or abbreviations when indicated.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.