Prepare a paper that addresses the following requirements:
- Analyze and evaluate the implications of three to five major initiatives associated with healthcare reform on the designing and planning of 21st century healthcare information systems (healthcare reform, mobile health, and telemedicine, for example).
- Evaluate the challenges associated with each trend and ways to overcome them.
- Assess the impact each initiative may have on the following:
- Leadership, governance, and the role of a healthcare CIO
- Strategic HMIS planning and organizational culture
- Characteristics and capabilities of an enterprise resource planning system.
- Examine legislation and regulations that could influence the implementation of health information management systems.
- Explain how CIOs might assess the merits of each initiative on vision, mission, and strategy.
- Predict the global trends in the adoption of major standards and use of HMIS over the next five years.
Your paper should include the following: