Local Older Adult Agency Search (CO)
You have done a literature review and examined different services and resources available to older adults that constitute successful, optimal aging.
The next step is to explore your local community for services and resources available to older adults. How does your community support optimal, successful aging? In other words, explore activities, agencies, programs, and organizations in your area to find out what types of opportunities (resources, technology, and services) are available to and for older adults and their caregivers that support optimal aging.
For this assignment you will need to contact five services or resources. You may access resources online as well as gather information by interviewing an agency in person or by phone. An interview is considered one of the five required resources.
Summarize the five resource findings by including the following for each resource:
- Identify the resource.
- Elaborate as to what services address the impact of normal age-related physiological and psychological changes on the older adult’s psychosocial functioning.
- Identify the target population and how the population uses the service or services (resource or resources) to contribute to optimal aging.
- Identify the physiological changes attributable to the normal aging process.
- Discuss how physiological changes impact activities of daily living.
- Analyze how changing societal concepts of aging on present and future cohorts of older adults impact optimal aging and services that promote optimal aging.
- For example explain how myths of aging affect perceptions or beliefs.
- Analyze how physiological changes due to the aging process impact social interactions within families, organizations, and communities.
Begin to assess how your findings of local offerings are different than your research on optimal aging. This assessment will be incorporated with your Unit 7 draft for your final project.
Written Communication: Exemplify master’s level critical thinking and analysis in your paper. Do not just present a summary of the readings. Objectively evaluate and report on the findings of your research materials and the readings from the course.
- Write professionally by making points that are logical, substantive, and relevant based on the presented evidence, as well as free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Clearly identify in your paper where you are addressing each grading criterion or part of the assignment.
- Create written communications that are respectful and appropriate to the purpose, context, and audience.
- Apply the conventions of the APA style guide in written communications.
- Generate communications that are clear, organized, concise, and use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Your paper should be double spaced using Times New Roman, 12 point. The paper must be a minimum of ten (10) full pages in length not including the title page, abstract, and references list.
Refer to the Local Older Adult Agency Search Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment. Review the distinguished criteria to earn possible optimal points.
Note: See Resources for tips on information interviewing. Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.