- Chapter_005 CHN.pptx (285.268 KB)
- Chapter_007 CHN.pptx (437.119 KB)
- Chapter_008 CHN.pptx (457.744 KB)
Epidemiology of Health and Illness
Community Health Planning
Implementation and evaluation
Read chapter 5, 7 and 8 of the class textbook and review the attached
PowerPoint presentations. Once done answer the following questions;
- Define epidemiology and describe the epidemiological triangle and other epidemiology tools in disease control and prevention.
- Discuss the use of epidemiology in disease prevention.
- Define and describe the concept of “community as a client.”
- Describe and discuss the goals of health education within the community setting.
As stated in the syllabus please present your assignment in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum in the discussion board titled “Week 2 discussion questions”. A minimum of 2 evidence-based references no older than 5 years is required (not counting the class textbook). A minimum of 2 replies to any of your peers are required sustained with the proper references. A minimum of 700 words without counting the first and last page (reference) is required.
- Go to http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx and review the Healthy People 2020 initiative. Pay close attention to the objectives, goals, and indicators.
- Using your city or county public health department or the CDC, choose 3 population or community based problems such as disease, disaster, crimes, accidents, falls etc.. from the topics outlined in the website and prepare an analysis discussing how these 3 conditions, affect your community and how they were identified and a plan of action to contained them base on healthy people 2020.
- You can also use the following CDC link https://www.cdc.gov/outbreaks/index.html and identify 3 community infectious outbreaks such as measles and develop the assignment.
The presentation must be in APA format with a minimum of 1500 words (excluding first and references page) with a minimum of 4 evidence based references using the required Arial 12 font. Must include the zip code of the city or county chosen. Follow the APA example paper that was sent to you at the beginning of the course for guidance. Make sure references are used according to APA guidelines and electronic references must be from reliable sources such as CDC.