One of the most important topics presented in this course is the time value of money. Part of the time value of money calculation concerns the use of an interest rate, often referred to as a discount rate. This basic concept applies to all areas of financial planning.
Using the readings of this module and the Argosy University online library resources, respond to the following:
- How does the current market rate of interest impact time value of money calculations?
- How can this aspect alter your current spending, savings, and budgeting patterns?
- How have you previously used the time value of money in your own personal financial planning and/or will plan to use it in the future?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references.
Write your initial response in 200 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peersâ€™ responses. Consider the following:
- Compare and contrast your experiences with those of your peersâ€™.
- Identify any points you had not previously thought about or with which you disagree.