Below is posted to finish the requirements for this paper. I will provide my eating intake for 2 days to help answer the questions.
Fill in the chart below using the totals from your Individual Dietary Analysis spreadsheets.
DRIâ€™s Day 1 Day 2
Protein (g) _____ _____ _____
Carbohydrate (g) _____ _____ _____
Fiber (g) _____ _____ _____
Fat (g) _____ _____ _____
Saturated Fat (g) _____ _____ _____
Cholesterol (mg) _____ _____ _____
Iron (mg) _____ _____ _____
Calcium (mg) _____ _____ _____
Potassium (mg) _____ _____ _____
Sodium (mg) _____ _____ _____
Vitamin A (Âµg) _____ _____ _____
Vitamin C (mg) _____ _____ _____
This discussion board is serving as the final conclusion paper for your Individual Dietary Analysis. For this assignment you will need to write a minimum of 1500 words. You will be analyzing your two day diet noting any instances where you are not meeting the DRI requirement (either under or over consuming). In addition to noting these specific instances and reflecting upon your experience conducting this assessment, address the following questions.
- Did anything surprise you about your intake for each day?
- Did you meet the recommended Fiber intake for each day? (14g per 1000kcals eaten)
- What micronutrients were you deficient in?
- Based on your results, what changes do you need to focus on in your diet to have a more complete nutrient profile? What foods could you add that would help you reach 100% of each of your recommended nutrients (make sure you address vitamins, minerals, fiber)? For example, if you have a diet high in fat, especially saturated fat, and you are consuming 4-5 glasses of whole milk a day, you might suggest that you could still get your calcium and valuable nutrients by consuming 4-5 glasses of skim milk instead.
- What impact do you think this experience has had on your own dietary choices?