I need this by noon on Monday Sept 1 Mountain time zone.
The movie is Godfather
Select a movie from AFI’s 10 top 10 lists and explain how three cinematic techniques and/or design elements have helped establish a major theme in that film.
In 800 to 1200 words:
- Describe a major theme of the movie you have selected using evidence from the movie itself as well as course resources and other scholarly sources to support your position.
- Identify at least three techniques (cinematography, lighting, acting style, or direction) and/or design elements (set design, costuming, or hair and makeup), and explain how these techniques and/or design elements contribute to the establishment of the theme. Reference particular scenes or sequences in your explanations.
- State your opinion regarding the mise-en-scène, including:
- How do the elements work together?
- How congruent the design elements are with the theme of the movie?
- Whether or not other techniques would be as effective (Explain your reasoning).
Note: According to Goodykoontz and Jacobs (2011), “A theme is an idea, subject, or topic of some kind that pervades the plot” (section 2.4, para. 1). As the authors explain, “It is not so much what ‘happens,’ but rather what the movie is ‘about,’ part of the meaning you are expected to take away from the work” (section 2.4, para. 1).
Your paper should be organized around a thesis statement that focuses on how the elements of your chosen feature-length film both establish and maintain one of its major themes.
The paper must be 800 to 1200 words in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You must use at least two scholarly sources other than the textbook to support your claims. Refer to the ENG225 Research Guide for guidance. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Please note that if you opt to write about the same film in your Final Film Critique, applicable pieces of this assignment can be used to write that assignment. Please also note that you should reflect on and revise this assignment based on the instructor’s feedback before you incorporate it into the Final Film Critique.