1. Select two fast food restaurants and evaluate them in terms of quality. Suggest ways to improve the service quality.
2. Evaluate the two fast-food restaurants you selected in Part 1 of this discussion in terms of the “Seven QC tools”. Determine the top three QC tools that tend to be most valuable to business owners. Explain your rationale.
Quality Control Systems” Please respond to the following:
3. Compare and contrast ISO900:2000 and Six Sigma in terms of their differences and similarities.
4. From the e-Activity, select one organization that has achieved Six Sigma . Then, discuss the benefits and results that the organization has achieved as a result of following the quality standards inherent in Six Sigma certification. Explain how these standards help this organization pursue continuous improvement.
Lean Operating Systems” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, examine at least three different types of waste that can be found in an organization of your choice. Suggest the lean strategies to confront them.
- From the second e-Activity, compare and contrast the lean service system found with Southwest Airlines to a full-service airline such as United Airlines, British Airways, and other large carriers in terms of cabin service, boarding process, baggage handling, and service encounters.
- Recommend ways for the airline carriers to improve their lean operation system in terms of speed and quality while reducing waste and costs. Explain your rationale.
Project Management” Please respond to the following:
- From the third e-Activity, provide at least two examples of companies that have used project management techniques such as CPM or PERT. Evaluate their success in operations.
- Determine at least two factors that impact the quality of project management. Suggest ways these factors can be mitigated without affecting project operations.
- Evaluate different operations management principles and techniques that can make businesses more profitable today.
- Select one company of your choice and discuss at least three operations management challenges the company is facing.
- Suggest ways to confront the challenges and provide suggestions that can untimely sustainability in its value chain.
- Describe a customer experience you have personally encountered where the goods or service or both were unsatisfactory (such as defective products, mistakes, poor service, and so on).
- Suggest ways for the organization to improve its goods / service. Determine the element(s) of operations management that must be reevaluated