“Research and Implementation” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, discuss sources of information a union or management negotiator could consult to get timely and relevant information about the following (as well as how they might be leveraged):
- Recent bargaining settlements in a particular industry
- Current wage rates for specific types of labor in a specific geographic area
- Health care cost and bargaining trends
- Pension benefits plans and trends
- Good and bad faith bargaining might be easier to define than implement. Discuss different types of evidence that might be used to prove or disprove a charge of bad faith bargaining.
“Centralized Bargaining” Please respond to the following:
- Create two scenarios: one in which management would prefer centralized bargaining and one in which the union would prefer centralized bargaining. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Determine the type of situation in which both management and the union would prefer centralized bargaining. Be sure to take into account specific legal considerations affecting centralized bargaining.