- For the empirical studies: be able to explain, with specific details, the experimental manipulation (this will be the instructions/materials the participants received) for each study (there may be more than one in each article).
- Be able to explain what those studies found (what were the â€œresultsâ€â€”may be clearer in the discussion) â€“ again, being specific (ex: donâ€™t just say they were less biased, say what they were less biased about).
- Be able to explain specific research findings for the color blind and multicultural approaches (what differences did research find in peopleâ€™s behavior/what works and what problems arise)?
- What are the sources of antidiscrimination law (hint: the article identifies five)?Can you give an example of a specific law or act?
- What are the two â€œforms of justiceâ€ and how do they differ, according to the reading?
- Be able to explain illusions/biases associated with the two heuristics from the cognition reading.
- Be able to explain the threat-based approach to prejudice model (the threat, the cue, etc.)
- Be able to discuss what the Rushton article claims and what kind of evidence it uses.