Read all of the following:
- Trifles/”A Jury of her Peers”
Please follow these directions carefully! You will need to write about at least two of the readings, if not all of them.
- For your initial post, respond to one thread below. It must be at least 200 words and refer to at least 2 pieces of evidence from the text (plot points, thoughts, actions…)– use direct quotes.
- You need to post 3 responses total to peers. You can jump across threads, discussing any of these works! Each response must be at least 150 words.
- Responses need to include evidence from the text and refer to literary terms.
- If you forget to refer to at least 2 works within your responses, you will only earn half-credit overall.
Use only Trifles/”A Jury of her Peers” for this thread.
- Do you think Mrs. Hale and Mrs. Peters were justified in their actions at the end of the play?
- Use evidence from the text– specifically characterization. Include at least 2 direct quotes to illustrate this.
- When responding to peers, include evidence from the text as your support.
Level 5 – Meets all standards
Level 4 – Meets most standards
Level 3 – Meets some standards
Level 2 – Meets few standards
Level 1 – Does not meet standards
Response states a premise up front, supports it with specific examples and references to readings/texts, explains the importance of these references, and closes with a strong clarifying statement.
Premise may need clarity, OR may need more support OR explanation of support; closing statement needed
Missing premise AND specific support; conclusion may need work
Missing premise; support not thoroughly developed; conclusion needs work
Missing premise, support, and conclusions