Scenario and Summary
Part A: You have been asked to create a database model using the MS Visio Database Model Diagram Template. The purpose of this lab is to provide experience normalizing the database to third normal form based on limited instructions, data requirements, and associated business rules.
Upon completing this lab, you will be able to:
- create a new Visio file for database design; and
- using the data requirements and the business rules provided, develop a conceptual model (ERD), including attribute data types and required field lengths.
Part B: The lab begins with creating a form in Access using the Form Wizard. After the form is created, the user can use Themes to change the appearance of the form. The second part of the lab uses Form Design to create a form. Finally, the form will be customized.
Upon completing this lab, you should be able to:
- create a form using the Form Tool;
- create a form using Form Design; and
- create a form using the Form Wizard.
Part A: Step 1: YourName_Lab5A_ERMatrix.docx
Part A: Step 3: YourName_Lab5A.vsd (Visio Diagram)
Part B: Step 7: YourName_Lab5B_Final.accdb (Access Database)