Assignment 1: Working as a Human Services Professional
Throughout this course, you have learned ways to develop a needs assessment to tackle a Human Services issue, along with structuring many aspects of creating and working in a successful community agency. Staffing, supervising, funding, treating others ethically, respecting diversity, and understanding regulations are all important factors when working as an administrator in the field of Human Services.
Included in this module are the suggested readings regarding professional development. In a minimum of 300 words, you will post your answer to theDiscussion Area.
Using your textbooks, the ethics codes, any provided readings, and a minimum of five sources from professional literature, discuss the following as these relate to the Human Services field. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov):
- Using the same position in the Human Services field that you discussed in theM1 Assignment 2 Discussion, assume that you are the administrator/CEO of your agency. Discuss a minimum of three ways you will continue learning about the Human Services field and expanding your education and skills. How will you achieve these goals? Keep in mind the mission and vision of your agency.
- Determine and discuss a minimum of three ways to hold yourself accountable for performing quality work as the administrator/CEO of your agency.
- Identify a minimum of three challenges you believe you will face in the first year of your role as the administrator/CEO of your agency. For each challenge, discuss at least two ways you will address the challenge.
- By Saturday, June 4, 2016, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, June 8, 2016, respond to at least two other classmates’ posts that differ from your opinion. Read all of your classmates’ posts and respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts and comment on the current practice and future plans or additional strategies to use when writing your response to other students’ posts. Think about the language you use to comment constructively on other students’ posts.