efasfWatch the video above: The Science of Willpower: An Interview with Kelly McGonigal
- **You may view a written transcript of this video or click the “CC” button on the video player above.**
- Read the article, Academic Delay of Gratification, Motivation, and Self-regulated Learning Strategies
Review the information above and the “Model Week 2 Assignment” document in the online classroom. Use the sample as a guide to complete your own. In a five-paragraph essay that is two to three pages in length, please address the following:
- Paragraph One: Summarize the main ideas from the video and article.
- Paragraph Two: Using your own words, define willpower and explain what it means to you. Discuss a time you used willpower to delay instant gratification. What happened? What were the results? How did you feel after?
- Paragraph Three: Describe one situation that you are facing as a college student that requires willpower and explain how you will use your willpower to achieve academic success. The links to the video and article recommend very specific ways to use willpower. Identify at least two strategies from them that you can use to overcome the described situation that will allow you to achieve your academic goals.
- Paragraph Four: Describe one situation that you are currently facing in another area of your life (personal or professional) that requires willpower and explain how you will use your willpower to achieve success. The links to the video and article recommend very specific ways to use willpower. Identify at least two strategies from them that you can use to overcome the described situation that will allow you to be successful.
- Paragraph Five: Enrolling at Ashford University validates that education is one of your core values. Identify three of your educational goals that align with this core value. Explain how willpower encourages choices that are consistent with your three goals.
This assignment must be double spaced, written in Times New Roman 12-pt. font