Write a two to three (2-3) page proposal in which you evaluate and make recommendations for a provider you have chosen in terms of safety, quality, and evidence-informed health care by doing the following:
1. Choose a health care provider â€” nursing home, hospital, home care, etc.
2. Using the search function at one of the medicare.gov sites (https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html or https://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare/search.html), review your provider’s measures on safety, quality, and evidence-informed health care. Pay attention to the publicly reported outcomes on mortality, rehospitalization, and infection rates, as well as patient satisfaction and preventive care.
Note: If you have chosen a home health provider, you can use the following website to review their home health quality measures https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HomeHealthQualityInits/Home-Health-Quality-Measures.html.
3. Identify other providers in the same geographic area, review their outcomes, and compare your provider (e.g. search by zip code).
4. Determine how these outcomes impact this provider as a potential member for a health system, accountable care organization, or as a contender to obtain population health contracts.
5. Based on the reports, determine which quality initiative the providers should address through evidence-based practices, such as safety, quality, rehospitalizations, mortality, etc.
6. Would your provider be a desired member of a system?
7. What is your recommendation for this provider to improve their outcomes in order to improve reimbursement and to become a desirable member of a system of providers?