Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Imagine that you are the project manager of a critical project for an
organization. The organization wants to implement an application on an iPad and
Android Tablet that provides near real-time updates for the marketing executives
and managers on the effectiveness and success of their marketing campaigns.
Since this project is so critical to the overall financial health of the
company, you were asked to complete this project in three (3) months. Your
business sponsors are very interested in your approach to manage this project
and they are also demanding to see what the project team can deliver on a weekly
Due to the tight deadline, the project team was assembled quickly with ten
(10) team members of various backgrounds. There are three (3) offshore
developers in India and two (2) QA testers in San Francisco, CA. The rest of the
project team and the product owner are in Herndon, VA. The team members were
unfamiliar with each other. Additionally, there are ethical issues. For example,
a developer has been consistently blaming an analyst for his accent that has
little to do with project development. Another QA tester rarely spoke out in the
meeting, but consistently went to her management to complain about a couple of
project team members’ lack of documentation which delayed her QA plan and test
cases. When you started to run the project, you were told that the project
deadline was moved up two (2) weeks from the original deadline. With such a
pressure on time, conflicts broke out and team morale is down. You have to help
bring the project back on track by solving various conflicts and improve the
collaborative work effort.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions
needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Suggest the agile project management framework that is best suited for this
project. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Create a project plan for this project based on your proposed framework
through the use of MS Project or Excel. Note: List all major
milestones, resources, tasks and dependencies. Include tools such as risk log to
enhance your project plan.
- Propose at least five (5) agile techniques and tools that you will use to
manage this project. Justify your response.
- Propose the fundamental strategies you will use to conduct requirements
sessions and manage the multiple tracks of work on a daily basis.
- Determine the vital techniques you will use to manage conflicts and
facilitate collaboration throughout the project. Provide at least two (2)
examples of these techniques to support your response.
- Determine the key techniques and tools you will use to monitor and control
the progress of the project. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on the key differences and consequences if you were to manage the
same project with a traditional project management approach instead of using
agile strategies. Justify your response.
- Suggest at least two (2) methods you will use to control the quality of
work. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the prominent method(s) you would use to close the project.
Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.