Role and Function
Describe the roles and functions of the nurse case manager in (1) acute care, (2) home care, and (3) primary care settings.
Often the case manager is a social worker rather than a nurse. What skills would a nurse need to have to better prepare to do a community health plan for a patient? Why are these skills important?
What are some of the approaches case managers use to promote the highest quality of care with careful use of resources? Think globally…how can palliative care and hospice services assist this strategy.
Reading and Resources
- Chapter 1 in Fundamentals of Case Management Practice
- Case Management Society of America
- Pizzi, Michael A,PhD., O.T.R./L. (2014). Promoting health, wellness, and quality of life at the end of life: Hospice interdisciplinary perspectives on creating a good death. Journal of Allied Health, 43(4), 212-20.
- Annicka G M van der,Plas, Vissers, K. C., Francke, A. L., Donker, G. A., Jansen, W. J. J., Deliens, L., & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, B. (2015). Involvement of a case manager in palliative care reduces hospitalisations at the end of life in cancer patients; A mortality follow-back study in primary care. PLoS One, 10(7)
- Meyer, Star,R.N., B.S.N. (2012). Care management role in end-of-life discussions. Care Management Journals, 13(4), 180-3.
- Review the National Committee for Quality Assurance certification criteria
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation||
|Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation||
|Graphs or other illustrations||
|Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.|