Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1- The sentences below appeared in papers written by students. Act as their editor, marking a C if the sentences in the group are all complete and an F if any of the sentences in the group is a fragment. Could you tell these writers why the fragments are incomplete sentences?
– ___ Then I attended Morris Junior High. A junior high that was a bad experience.
– ____ The scene was filled with beauty. Such as the sun sending its brilliant rays to the earth and the leaves of various shades of red, yellow, and brown moving slowly in the wind.
– ____ He talked for fifty minutes without taking his eyes off his notes. Like other teachers in that department, he did not encourage students’ questions.
– ____ Within each group, a wide range of features to choose from. It was difficult to distinguish between them.
– ____ A few of the less serious fellows would go into a bar for a steak dinner and a few glasses of beer. After this meal, they were ready for anything.
– ____ It can be really embarrassing to be so emotional. Especially when you are on your first date, you feel that you should be in control.
– ____ The magazine has a reputation for a sophisticated, prestigious, and elite group of readers. Although that is a value judgment and in circumstances not a true premise.
– ____ In the seventh grade every young boy goes out for football. To prove to himself and his parents that he is a man.
– ____ She opened the door and let us into her home. Not realizing at the time that we would never enter that door in her home again
– ____ As Christmas grows near, I find myself looking back into my childhood days at fun-filled times of snowball fights. To think about this makes me happy.
2- Choose the correct form of the verb that agrees with the subject
– Annie and her brothers (is, are) at school.
– Either my shoes or your coat (is, are) always on the floor.
– One of my sisters (is, are) going on a trip to France.
– The man with all the birds (live, lives) on my street.
– The movie, including all the previews, (take, takes) about two hours to watch.
– The players, as well as the captain, (want, wants) to win.
– Nobody (know, knows) the trouble I’ve seen.
– (Is, Are) the news on at five or six?
– Mathematics (is, are) John’s favorite subject, while Civics (is, are) Andrea’s favorite subject.
– Eight dollars (is, are) the price of a movie these days.
– (Is, Are) the tweezers in this drawer?