Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This week’s readings discuss “team thinking”. Rubenfeld & Scheffer (2015) in the 3nd edition of their book discuss Bensimon and Neumann’s eight roles that people can fulfill in team thinking to make the “team think” effective.
Bensimon and Neumann identified the following eight team thinking roles:
1. The definer (voices and creates the team’s reality)
2. The analyst (assesses all of the parts of the issue)
3. The interpreter (provides insight on how team members perceive outcomes)
4. The critic (redefines, reanalyzes and reinterprets)
5. The synthesizer (elicits all thinking perspectives and helps provide linkages for solutions)
6. The disparity monitor (assesses how team members perceive outcomes)
7. The task monitor (removes obstacles to team thinking and facilitates the teamwork)
8. The emotional monitor (address the human, personal, and emotional aspects of team thinking during the thinking process.
- Choose two of the roles and share an example from your nursing practice of someone fulfilling the roles.
- Why is this role necessary in order for the team thinking process to go smoothly?
- How do other members of the team perceive this person’s role?
Please do not include names in your discussion.
Please support your initial discussion and opinions with at least two citations from the assigned readings, or peer-reviewed professional nursing literature.