You have analyzed the current financial records of your organization and evaluated whether the operational plan aligns with key performance indicators of the finance department.
Now, your CEO wants you to present to senior management how your department (or any individual department) can contribute to the financial success of the organization.
Analyze Uber’s financial success and present your findings to senior management. In your findings, you will identify financial key performance indicators, industry financial benchmarks, and accounting guidelines related to Uber. Review the Uber Case Study provided in the textbook, and review the additional information related to Uber provided.
Review the Uber Case Study provided in the textbook.
- Critical Thinking Case: Uber: Riding the Gig Economy
Review the following additional information related to Uber.
- Investor information for Uber balanced scorecard/financial: In the annual report, review Uber’s balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Uber: Corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environment, social, and governance (ESG) metrics
Create a presentation for your CEO and senior management, discussing the following key criteria:
- Identify the financial key performance indicators of Uber’s success.
Analyze how different functional areas, departments, or both of Uber contribute to its overall financial success.
- What common industry financial benchmarks should Uber consider in developing its strategies to grow the business?
- Which financial benchmark can Uber adopt to measure its performance and increase its industry attractiveness? Use Porter’s five forces to support your answer.
- Are there any critical elements of accounting guidelines that will be crucial for Uber to meet? Explain your reasoning.
What to Submit
Using PowerPoint, create a presentation that is 5 to 7 slides in length, and include references cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.