This week, you have a choice of topics:
Your textbook discusses Stanley Milgram’s famous social psychology experiment, Obedience to Authority. Watch this video clip, which contains some of the original footage of Milgram’s experiment:
For this assignment, please answer the following four questions…..
- What did Milgram find out?
- What were the ethical implications?
- How can Milgram’s findings be applied?
- Any comments/impressions about this research?
The area of social psychology is very broad with many experiments. One famous experiment is the Stanford Prison Experiment conducted by Philip Zimbardo.
View the video trailer for the Stanford Prison Experiment documentary
Finally, go to the slide show on the Stanford Prison Experiment .
After going through the slides (it is somewhat lengthy):
- Please go to: http://www.prisonexp.org/discussion-questions and select a discussion question to answer. Please try to answer a question that is different from your classmates.
Also, please answer the following two questions:
- What are some of the ethical implications of the study?
- What are your thoughts about whether or not this study should have been conducted?