Here are the directions for the Federalism project:
1. Project will be in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
2. Title Slide: Name of State
3. Next slide- basic government structure of your state: governor, the state legislature (how many in each house), the judicial system (how many courts/supreme court of state)
4. Next slide- Population of state, number of counties, major cities
5. Next slide- Political leaders from major parties. Governor- R/D? Which party controls the state legislature?
6. Next slide- the website for the state department of Health. Who is the state’s surgeon general?
7. Next slide(s)- What are the current restrictions in your state? May require several slides. Include: schools, entertainment, sports, gatherings, religious services, businesses, ect If cities and counties are in different phases (ie, Florida) provide info for that swell.
8. Next slide- How have the federal government officials and state officials worked through this crisis? What assistance has the federal government given?
9. Next slide- How has the state and federal government handled the financial issues in the state
10. Next slide- Provide graphs for the following information: number of infections, hospitalizations, mortality rate, positivity rates.