|Total Cholesterol: 209 mg/dL|
|HDL 50 mg/dL|
|LDL 118 mg/dL|
|VLDL 26 mg/Dl|
|Triglycerides 205 mg/dL|
|Chol/HDL Ratio 4.18 mg/dL|
- Based on the lab results above, explain what this patient is diagnosed with hyperlipidemia and why they are more at risk of heart disease. Cite specific results in your answer.
- What is Cholesterol used for?
|A.||It is an essential for maintaining the cell membrane
|B.||Used to build hormones
|C.||Used as a transporter of fats
|D.||All reasons listed are uses of cholesterol|
Which of the following can raise levels of LDL in the blood?
|A.||Diets containing animal products
|D.||All of the above|
|E.||a and b only|
- If a patient is suffering from congestive heart failure involving the left side of their heart, why may they be experiencing dyspnea? Your response should be less than 100 words.
- Based on patient’s lab results, what types of food is she likely eating in her diet that is primarily “take out or from the freezer”? Use specific values from the lab results in your answer. Your response should be less than 50 words.
- Is the patient discussed in the scenario at an elevated risk of developing coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease, both, or neither? Explain your reasoning. Your response should be less than 75 words.