Title your page with the following heading:
Citation: Militello, L.K., Kelly, S.A., & Melnyk, B. M. (2012). Systematic Review of Text-Messaging Interventions to Promote Healthy Behaviors in Pediatric and Adolescent Populations: Implications for Clinical Practice and Research. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 9 (2), 66-77. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-6787.2011.00239.x.
1. What topic or question did the integrative research review address?
2. How were potential individual research reports identified?
3. What determined if a study was included in the analysis?
4. How many studies were included in the review?
5. What research designs were used in the selected research studies?
6. What were the consistent and important across-studies conclusions?
7. Was the topic clearly defined?
8. Is there a description of the methods used to conduct the review?
9. Was the search for study reports comprehensive and unbiased?
10. Were the studies included in the review assessed for quality?
11. Were the design characteristics and the findings of the studies displayed or discussed in sufficient detail?
12. Was there truly an integration (synthesis) of findings – not merely reporting of findings from each study?
13. If different findings were found between studies, did the reviewers explore why differences in findings might have occurred?
14. Did the reviewers distinguish between conclusions based on consistent findings from a sufficient number of studies and those based on inferior evidence?
15. Which conclusions were supported by consistent findings from two or more studies?
16. Are the conclusions credible?
Conclusion: Conclude the paper with your thoughts about using integrative research reviews to find evidence about clinical practice problems. Is this approach a practice that you could use in your own clinical practice setting?